Choices: Where Did Our Love Go; World Without Love; Suspiscion; She Loves You; My Guy; Memphis; I Get Around; A Hard Days Night; Deep Purple; Dead Man's Curve;
1. a male / female duet; 'Deep Purple' by Nino Tempo & April Stevens reached #2 in November and was Billboard's #19 for 1963.
Correct Answer: Deep Purple
2. sung by two British boys; 'World Without Love' (#1) by Peter & Gordon was a Lennon / McCartney composition that was also released by Bobby Rydell (less successful at #50)
Correct Answer: World Without Love
3. from the movie of the same name; 'A Hard Days Night' by The Beatles was the title of their first movie.
Correct Answer: A Hard Days Night
4. sung by Terry Stafford; 'Suspiscion' by Terry Stafford reached #3 -- Elvis Presley's version was a 'B' side to 'Kiss Me Quick' and only reached #103.
Correct Answer: Suspiscion
5. a first #1; 'I Get Around' by The Beach Boys was their first #1, making it to the top on July 4th.
Correct Answer: I Get Around
6. sung by a duo; 'Dead Man's Curve' by Jan & Dean peaked at #8 in May.
Correct Answer: Dead Man's Curve
7. it became the group's second #1 in March; 'She Loves You' by The Beatles was originally released in September, but didn't do well until Beatlemania hit the states in January.
Correct Answer: She Loves You
8. Their first record to make the top forty.; 'Where Did Our Love Go' by The Supremes was their first #1.
Correct Answer: Where Did Our Love Go
9. it was Motown's first #1; 'My Guy' by Mary Wells was her first #1 and also the first for the Motown label.
Correct Answer: My Guy
10. it was recorded live at the Whiskey a Go Go; 'Memphis' by Johnny Rivers was a Chuck Berry composition that went to #2 in July.
Correct Answer: Memphis
Choices: Be My Baby; Wishin' and Hopin'; Dawn; Tobacco Road; Rag Doll; Everybody Loves Somebody; Hello Dolly; Please Please Me; My Boy Lollipop; I Want To Hold Your Hand;
11. she was part of the British Invasion; 'Wishin' and Hopin'' by Dusty Springfield reached #6 in August.
Correct Answer: Wishin' and Hopin'
12. Their first #1 in the U.S.; 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' by The Beatles was released in December of 1963 and was #1 for seven weeks.
Correct Answer: I Want To Hold Your Hand
13. singer from Jamaica; 'My Boy Lollipop' by Little Millie Small, being from Jamaica gave a little more reggae version of the song originally recorded by Barbie Gaye in 1956.
Correct Answer: My Boy Lollipop
14. the 'B' side was 'No Surfin' Today' which was strange from an east coast group.; 'Dawn' by The Four Seasons was their first release on the Philips label and it went to #3.
Correct Answer: Dawn
15. it was a #1 in UK a year before it made #5 on the US chart; 'Please Please Me' (#5) by The Beatles was one of the singles released by the VeeJay label.
Correct Answer: Please Please Me
16. it won the Grammy for Song of the Year in 1965; 'Hello Dolly' by Louis Armstrong knocked the Beatles out of the top spot on may 9th after they had been there for 14 weeks.
Correct Answer: Hello Dolly
17. an English rock band with an American name; 'Tobacco Road' by The Nashville Teens was a one-hit-wonder record peaking at #16.
Correct Answer: Tobacco Road
18. It was The Four Seasons fourth top twenty record of our junior year.; 'Rag Doll' by The Four Seasons was their fourth #1 single.
Correct Answer: Rag Doll
19. throwback to the '50's; 'Everybody Loves Somebody' by Dean Martin was his second #1, the first being 'Memories Are Made of This' in 1956.
Correct Answer: Everybody Loves Somebody
20. producer Phil Specter would marry lead singer Ronnie Barrett; 'Be My Baby' by The Ronettes reached #2 in October.
Correct Answer: Be My Baby